14 June 2014

Friday the 13th is Almost Over

and we are at the FamCamp at Eielson AFB outside Fairbanks.  We had an uneventful trip up from Tok today.  I wanted to come here as I thought I could get a new tire to replace the one destroyed on the road to Dawson Creek at the BX. Wrong-they are too busy!

At any rate I went on into Fairbanks after getting the RV set up and BJ comfortable and managed to find what I needed at Gene's Chrysler-Jeep.  Everyone was nice and I got what I needed but I don't need to go back there again.  They seemed very disorganized.  They kept bouncing me between the service and parts department and I never knew what it was going to cost until it was all over.  But, I got what I needed and price was reasonable so alls well that ends well!

Before leaving Tok I managed to get a few geocaches with BJ's help (she was birding mainly, I was geocaching).
BJ on a geocaching trail!
But, this AM we left Tok on the last stretch of the Alaska Highway until we return to Tok in late Aug to begin our return to US of A (lower 48)!! The offician end of the Alaskan Highway is in Delta Junction, about half-way to Fairbanks which is 200 mi NW of Tok.  BJ drove much of the way.  In Delta Junction we joined  the Richardson Highway which runs between Valdez and Fairbanks.

BJ watching the road!


Road was good all the way, but of course construction was evident in many places as the Summer is road repair time in AK!
Summer is road repair time!
Our first sighting of the Alaskan Pipeline, just north of Delta Junction!
We got to Eielson AFB not long after lunch and got set up before I headed off to find a new tire!  As I left BJ headed out to check out the birding situation.
Red-necked grebe's 

Two families of Canadian Geese!

Bear Lake at Eielson AFB Famcamp 

BTW, I failed ot add a link to her new blog last time so here it is!  She does a beautiful job with pics especially with birds and animals/  Check it out by clicking anywhere on this sentance!

It will be worth your time and you can sign up by clicking to the icons on the right to be a follower! You will receive updates anytime she makes a post!


Always at home, no matter where we are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment