17 May 2011

Baby, It is Cold Outside

This is ridiculous!  We have enjoyed our touring of mid-Atlantic area where there is so much US history!  We moved from Andrews AFB just outside the Beltway SE of Washington DC to Ft Mead about half-way between Washington and Baltimore.  And, the weather added rain and fog to the cool temps.  I understand summer is here from the last weekend in July to the first weekend in Aug.  In the meantime we are cold!!

In DC the days were bright, but not warm and the nights were down right cool - too cold to be comfortable sitting around outside the RV.   I could stay warm by huddling around the grill if I was cooking!!

Because the FamCamp was behind the Golf Course and most of the road was not paved I had no chance to do any carving on my Trikke I am sorry to say.  I am getting the hang of my new T-12 Roadster and better able to climb those inclines I use to think were mountains.  Here at Ft Mead the terrain is rolling, but rather gently, so I can do fairly well on it.  Today I found a warehouse row that was about 1/2 mile long and level and not used so it gave me some good ground to carve.  However, there were regular cracks in the pavement (frost heaves it looks like) so it was not perfect.  BJ @ First Coast Trikkes told me of a rails to trails path in RI that I am looking forward to riding.  It is 14 miles long, i.e. it runs from one end of RI to the other, I think.  I have Googled rails-to-trails and found an abundance of them.  Some as short as a half-mile (not interested) and some  way too long with many in the right size!  May try one before we leave this area, will certainly start looking for them as combining geo-caching and carving on the Trikke should add to the enjoyment of both!!  Even though some geo-caching terrain will not be compatible with carving!!

My fingers are cramping up from the cold, need to get my gloves back on!!  Good-by cold world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment